Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Sweden v. England

As I have mentioned before, the World Cup is going on in the Soccer/Football world. Norway didn't qualify, so many people here are cheering for Sweden. Last night, Sweden played England. I caught the last 20 minutes of the game. We don't have any TVs where we live, so several classmates and I went out to watch the game at a bar. Everywhere was full of people crowded together around the TVs. We finally found a place with some room, and the atmosphere can be compared to a class B basketball tournament championship game. There were people everywhere-sitting on each other's laps, kneeling on the floor, even sitting on the steps to the upper level of the bar. When I arrived, the game was tied 1-1. England scored, and everyone appeared devastated. But it wasn't over yet-Sweden managed to score to tie it again! People were going crazy! Tomorrow the U.S.A. plays Ghana. Ghana is the favorite.

After the game was over, we went to another bar. There, we encountered a man dressed unlike any other man I've seen. I took this picture secretly of course!

Today we visted the Norwegian Supreme Court. It was uneventful but the building was really nice. This is the doorway of the courtroom.


The word "lov" means "law". There is a huge red book that the law students all have that contains all the laws and codes of Norway. It is called the "Norge Lover". Hahaha. I admit I might have giggled about that at first...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home