Wednesday, May 24, 2006

pictures of the school

It finally stopped raining for the whole day today! Since it was sunny out, I finally took some pictures of the law school. It is beautiful-everything I approach it, I can't believe it's where I go to school. It was founded in 1811. The buldings in the picture are all for the law school. The rest of the university was moved to a new location in the 1960's because of high enrollment. The first picture is the building where I have class. Then there are 2 smaller buldings to the left and right of the courtyard that face each other. Behind the buildings is a garden, and some other small buildings. One is the student pub (right in the back yard!)




The university is located about 1 mile from where we live, so that means I walk at least 2 miles everday. However, we walk everywhere so it's probably closer to 3 or 4 miles a day! At home, if anyone told me it was a mile walk, I would say "H$#L NO!" and jump in the Ranger. It is a great location-you can see the royal palace from the street, and it is a short walk to a pier called Aker Brygge that has a boardwalk-type deck and alot of shopping (expensive shopping!) and restaurants (including McDonalds!) I was there with some classmates this afternoon after school, and a group of high school kids was hanging out there-I think they were on thier break from school (Unless school is over here-I don't know??) I thought about what I used to do during breaks in the school day in Hatton. I would usually go the the girls locker room to curl my hair, then I would sit on the stage in the gym. Imagine hanging out at a pier every day!

There are cruise ships like this in the harbor frequently. This is one of the nicest I've seen.

That's all for today. I am going to visit a ski jump tomorrow-hopefully it will not rain. Chances are...it will!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home