Thursday, May 18, 2006

Rain rain go away!

Well, it's been raining for almost 3 days continuously now...and the sun is not in sight. Everyone assures us that the weather will get better soon. I hope it happens REALLY soon. My wardrobe is totally wrong for walking in the rain. I only brought 2 pairs of closed-toe shoes, and they are both drenched through. Also, I only brought 2 pairs of jeans (thinking I would be wearing my pants of choice-capris-more than jeans. Well, both pairs are wet and dirty up to the knees. The women around Oslo generally look really trendy and cute. They wear tall boots with jeans tucked in. I wish I had my boots here-then my pants would stay clean and I wouldn't look like a homeless person!

Yesterday was a long day. After a break in the Constitution Day activities (at least I took a break!) we were invited to one of our new Norwegian friend's apartment. They are all really nice to us and it was fun to not be in a bar for awhile.

Today has been really low-key. We had a welcome lunch at the law school today and met some of the professors. For beverages, we could choose Cola, Orange soda, or low alcohol beer! In the school! After the Constitution Day parties yesterday, I thought the cola would be a better idea...
I also saw the Museum of Natural History and a Geology museum today. I'm not much of a scientist, but it was still a good experience. The museums are in this really old building that is surrounded by a nice garden with statues here and there. Too bad it was pouring rain the whole time.

While we were in the bus station looking for maps to the museums, I had my first run-in with a pay toilet. I put the wrong amount in the slot, and the attendant guy started yelling at me in Norwegian that I needed 10 Kr not 5Kr (even though another classmate went through right before me and only paid 5???) . Then another woman went ahead and put her money in and the guy got frustrated and just waved me in!

Today was one of my classmates' birthday, so a few of us went out and had some pizza. It was really delicious. I appologize for the unexciting message and lack of cool new pictures. I don't think anyone's too interested in pictures of specimens from a museum (except maybe the gigantic gemstones at the geology museum!)

Buenos Noches everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home